- COMPANY OVERVIEW
日本語 / English
- Name PONY CANYON INC.
（Headquarters） 1-5-17 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo
- Date founded October 1, 1966
- Capital JPY 100M
- Business Outline Planning, production, and sales of various audio or visual content in music, education, art, sports, movies, entertainment, and publication; film distribution; planning and producing events; regional revitalization business
- Main shareholder FUJI MEDIA HOLDINGS, INC.
- Number of employees 450
【Area Promotion Center(Osaka Office)】
3-6-32 Nakanoshima kita-ku Osaka-shi Osaka Japan 530-0005
- President & C.O.O. Takashi Yoshimura
- Vice-President Shingo Inoue
- Executive Vice President Yoko Kogawa
Shinichi Ogawaexecutive vice president at Fuji Television Network, Inc.
Toru Otaexecutive vice president at Fuji Television Network, Inc.
Keiichiro Hatadirector corporate officer at Sankei Sports News The Sankei Shimbun.
Hiroyuki Tachimotopresident of FUJIPACIFIC MUSIC INC.
Hideyuki Makitasenior managing director at Nippon Broadcasting System, Inc.
Kenji Shimizuexecutive vice president at FUJI MEDIA HOLDINGS, INC.
PONYCANYON ARTISTS INC.
PONYCANYON MUSIC PUBLISHING INC.
EXIT MUSIC PUBLISHING Inc.
PONYCANYON USA INC.
PCI Music Inc.
Dream Studio Co., Ltd.
Memory-Tech Holdings Inc.
Free address and activity-based working systems introduced alongside office reforms
- 1955 Established as NIPPON BROADCASTING SYSTEM ENTERPRISE INC.
- 1966 Changed name to NIPPON BROADCASTING SYSTEM SERVICE INC. / started music tape business (founding)
- 1970 Changed name to PONY INC. / moved headquarters to Hamamatsucho, World Trade Center Building / Commenced sales of Pony Videos / Commenced sales of Canyon Records
- 1978 Moved headquarters to Kudan, Hitokuchizaka Building
- 1982 Commenced sales of CDs / Commenced sales of computer GAME software
- 1983 Commenced sales of LD (Laser Disc) software
- 1986 Moved headquarters to Kudan, NP Building
- 1987 Changed name to PONY CANYON INC.
- 1994 Absorption-type merger of direct sales company PONY CANYON SALES INC. / moved headquarters to Irifune, Chuo-ku
- 1996 DVD software sales
- 1998 Moved headquarters to Toranomon / Established PONY CANYON KOREA INC. in Korea
- 2006 Fuji Television Network, Inc. became the largest shareholder / Began sales of HD-DVD and Blu-ray discs
- 2015 Established PONY CANYON USA INC.
Moved headquarters to Roppongi 1-Chome in May
Absoption-type merger with part of EXIT TUNES Inc./Established Taiwan branch
2021 Assembled affiliated companies at headquarters
Implemented activity-based working system alongside office reforms