- COMPANY OVERVIEW
日本語 / English
- Name PONY CANYON INC.
（Headquarters） 1-5-17 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo
- Date founded October 1, 1966
- Capital JPY 100M
- Businesses Planning, production, and sales of various audio-visual software (CDs, DVDs, etc.) including music, education, art, sports, movies, entertainment, game software, and publications; film distribution; concert and event planning, and production
- Main shareholder FUJI MEDIA HOLDINGS, INC.
- Number of employees 450
NishiumedaMIDBuilding9F 2-2-16 Sonezakishinchi kita-ku Osaka-shi Osaka Japan 530-0002
FUJI MEDIA HOLDINGS, INC.
Fuji Television Network, Inc.
SANKEI SHIMBUN CO.,LTD.
Nippon Broadcasting System, Inc.
FUJIPACIFIC MUSIC INC.
- President & C.O.O. Takashi Yoshimura
- Vice-President Shingo Inoue
Toru Otamanaging director at Fuji Television Network, Inc.
Takashi Ishiharaboard member at Fuji Television Network, Inc.
Tatsuro Kikkawadirector corporate officer at Sankei Sports News The Sankei Shimbun.
Hidehiko Koikepresident of FUJIPACIFIC MUSIC INC.
Hideyuki Makitasenior managing director at Nippon Broadcasting System, Inc.
Kenji Shimizuboard member at FUJI MEDIA HOLDINGS, INC.
We’ve relocated to our new office building on May 7th, 2019.
- 1955 Established as NIPPON BROADCASTING SYSTEM ENTERPRISE INC.
- 1966 Changed name to NIPPON BROADCASTING SYSTEM SERVICE INC. / started music tape business (founding)
- 1970 Changed name to PONY INC. / moved headquarters to Hamamatsucho, World Trade Center Building / Commenced sales of Pony Videos / Commenced sales of Canyon Records
- 1978 Moved headquarters to Kudan, Hitokuchizaka Building
- 1982 Commenced sales of CDs / Commenced sales of computer GAME software
- 1983 Commenced sales of LD (Laser Disc) software
- 1986 Moved headquarters to Kudan, NP Building
- 1987 Changed name to PONY CANYON INC.
- 1994 Absorption-type merger of direct sales company PONY CANYON SALES INC. / moved headquarters to Irifune, Chuo-ku
- 1996 DVD software sales
- 1998 Moved headquarters to Toranomon / Established PONY CANYON KOREA INC. in Korea
- 2006 Fuji Television Network, Inc. became the largest shareholder / Began sales of HD-DVD and Blu-ray discs
- 2015 Established PONY CANYON USA INC.
Moved headquarters to Roppongi 1-Chome in May
Absoption-type merger with part of EXIT TUNES Inc./Established Taiwan branch